Thomas Homan, acting chief of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said Monday that immigration enforcement is thriving under President Trump’s leadership unlike any recent commander in chief.
American News 24/7 reports: There were many reasons to support Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton last year. In fact, there isn’t a single area where Hillary was stronger than Trump. Immigration was definitely one of the more glaring examples of the difference between the two candidates. Hillary was a disaster on that front while Trump promised to look out for American citizens and actually enforce our laws. So far, Trump has accomplished a lot when it comes to immigration.
Don’t take my word for it. Take it from the acting ICE chief.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) December 4, 2017
From Washington Examiner:
“This president has done more for border security and public safety than any of the six presidents I’ve worked for. Just since his leadership in January, border crossings are at a 45-year low. Now that’s not a coincidence. That’s because this president has let the men and women of Border Patrol and ICE do their job,” Homan told Fox News’ “Fox and Friends.”
Bold words. Homan wouldn’t go around saying something like that if he couldn’t back it up.
The media has been trying to convince the American people that Trump is going to break his promises on immigration and fail to deliver on the wall. Fortunately for us, that simply doesn’t appear to be true. At all.
From Fox News:
Phase one of President Trump’s proposed border wall is complete.
Now comes the testing of the prototypes for their breach-ability — how long does it take someone to cut through, dig under or vault over the 30-foot-high structures.
“The thing I am most impressed by is the scale,” said Customs and Border Protection Acting Commissioner Ron Vitiello. “A lot of things have to happen now – testing, evaluation, estimates, appropriation. We will do it all as quickly and safely as we can to give as much security to the homelands as we can.”
Things are getting done and that’s an encouraging sight.
Sadly, there is a lot of work to be done to roll back the sanctuary city policies that are attracting illegal border crossings. Those policies are the reason that Kate Steinle isn’t alive anymore.
From Fox News:
Jose Ines Garcia Zarate was found not guilty Thursday of murdering Kate Steinle on Pier 14 in San Francisco in July 2015 in a case that sparked a heated national debate over illegal immigration and so-called sanctuary cities, and U.S. immigration officials said he will be deported.
Zarate was acquitted of first and second degree murder and involuntary manslaughter. He also was found not guilty of assault with a semi-automatic weapon. He was found guilty of possessing a firearm by a felon. The jury had deliberated for six days.
Steinle was walking with her father and a family friend in July 2015 when she was shot, collapsing into her father’s arms. Zarate had been released from a San Francisco jail about three months before the shooting, despite a request by federal immigration authorities to detain him for deportation.
Following Steinle’s death, Congress took action to pass new legislation called Kate’s Law. The law — passed by the House of Representatives in June — increases the penalties for deported aliens who try to return to the United States and are caught.